To deliver food and quality services to food banks and to foster relationships in support of our commitment to eliminate hunger.
A hunger-free Arizona.
Volunteer Opportunity Available
Front Office Volunteer
The Front Office Volunteer is considered a regular part of the AAFB team. The primary role of the Front Office Volunteer is to provide general office administration. This typically involves answering the phones, making calls to AAFB member food banks to update their directory listings, and entering information into AAFB’s donor/contact system.
- Make calls to AAFB member food banks to update their directory listings
- Enter information in the donor/contact system
- Assist with Association mailings. This includes printing letters and stuffing envelopes.
- Support meetings and events
- Sort and date-stamp incoming mail
- Light filing
The work schedule is flexible depending on the needs of the volunteer and AAFB. Minimum volunteer support needed is 3 to 4 hours per day 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., 3 days per week Monday through Thursday.
Benefits to Volunteer:
- Assist AAFB and member food banks in achieving their goal of eliminating hunger in Arizona.
- Strong community involvement: helping individuals and families connect to the food resources they need.
- Positive work environment: friendly staff and informal office setting.
- Free, secured covered parking.
- Convenient, professional Central Avenue workplace location, on the light-rail route.
- Regular work schedule.
- Good telephone skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good personal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with good inter-personal skills
- Previous office experience a plus but not required
Please Note: If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity but have some doubts regarding your experience, please call for a “non-commitment” discussion regarding your experience, skills, and desires.
Association of Arizona Food Banks
2100 N. Central Ave., Suite 230
Phoenix, AZ 85004