One Small Step has been collecting new and good used socks since 2001 from individuals, clubs, thrift stores, and groups that hold sock drives for us. We sanitize and repackage them for distribution to people in need through clothing banks, shelters, schools, and other social agencies. To date, we have provided more than 135,000 pairs of socks to people who are very, very grateful to have that need met.
The clothing bank (Clothes Cabin) is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 to 3.
Volunteer Opportunities Available:
- Hold sock drives in their neighborhood, at their place of work, or among friends in clubs or churches they belong to.
- Process the socks on Wed. mornings, 9 to noon, in Chandler/Gilbert area
- Sort, steam, bag, or hang clothing for Clothes Cabin
- Conduct clothing drives (where we would specify current needs)
- Publicize the activities and do fund-raising for the operations
- Donate needed supplies: socks, new underwear, detergent, bleach, postage, colored paper
- Donate funds for purchase of new socks
1368 N. Arizona Ave., Suite 110
One Small Step is a 501(c)3 and a Qualified Charitable Organization for purposes of the Arizona Tax Credit.